Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of fjs with the stock plastic fenders removed but what do y’all do to cover the removal? do they sell a kit or something?

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
481 Posts
Not sure what style / size you are looking for. Do a search on the net or Amazon for FJ Cruiser fender flair.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what style / size you are looking for. Do a search on the net or Amazon for FJ Cruiser fender flair.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
sorry I must have said that confusing, i meant to ask if anyone knew how to cover that with not having fender flares i’m not looking for flares i’m trying to run the rig without them just wondering how they cover that hole in the rear bumper

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,607 Posts
If you mean the gap, I (and many others) just use paint, swap to black clips, and patience...before long you don’t even notice it 😊

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
481 Posts
sorry I must have said that confusing, i meant to ask if anyone knew how to cover that with not having fender flares i’m not looking for flares i’m trying to run the rig without them just wondering how they cover that hole in the rear bumper
I was thinking maybe there was a low profile trim that would give you clearance but a cleaner look. If you’re trying to fill the opening at the back maybe you could take the old fender flair cut away everything not needed except for that piece that fills in the opening in the picture and use some bondo to fill in any gaps.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
2014 Black FJC, Blacked Out windows, badges, TT door handles, mirrors, grill,
37 Posts
I am surprised someone hasn’t come up with a trim piece that is sold as after market parts. I like the look of the flares removed but not the gaps.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Probably the folks who removed them to fit large tires and long travel suspensions are too busy off roading to care. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts