Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I cannot find out what the holder for the rear mats is called. Its the button strap that fastens onto the mat. Sadly it broke and im trying to find a replacement but I cannot think of the name.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Mine were Bob and Phyllis.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
I tried to look them up on a couple of sites and can't find anything as some floor mats are now discontinued. I think they've been listed as mat clips or retainer clips before.

·
Admin
6,903 Posts
Huh. I didn't even realize there are some rear mats with hold-downs.

Learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also discovered that in order to install these new straps, that you need to get under the floor liner. Those plastic rivits have a small metal washer that they attach to on the other side of the floor liner. Be careful when removing the broken strap as there is potential to pull this washer straight through the liner, and tearing it! Caution! Access is needed to the area under the strap rivits, so that the old washer can be placed and then pressed tight. . Good luck, its a big job for 2 tiny straps. Loren

·
Registered
8 Posts
Loren, in order to remove those tightening back washers, do you just have to remove the rear seats or is there another way? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Rear Floor mat holder part photo

Here is a picture and package for the rear floor mat retainer. It includes the 2 plastic retaining rivits. Hope this helps!
They were a bear to locate. Listed as HOOK RR, 51965-35090.
Best of luck!

Loren
Web site link please sir.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts