Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
makes sense if you look at the picture. There's a fairly cheap looking keyhole above the FJ symbol, and the only other place the handle would be is in the license plate light frame (probably not likely but possible). Hopefully it has keyless entry and you can just pop it from the remote.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
makes sense if you look at the picture. There's a fairly cheap looking keyhole above the FJ symbol, and the only other place the handle would be is in the license plate light frame (probably not likely but possible). Hopefully it has keyless entry and you can just pop it from the remote.
i'll check it on saturday and let you know what i find out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can open the rear latch with a key and using a keyless entry with a double push. You can also unlock the rear with the normal door lock button.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Jordansrealm said:
You can open the rear latch with a key and using a keyless entry with a double push. You can also unlock the rear with the normal door lock button.

nice! Is there a handle you can pull on or do you just pull on the tire? lol. Also....is the remote a big clunky separate thing or is it integrated into the key? The '06 Tacoma I saw last night had a separate remote....very old school to me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have been concerned about how badly the "rubber" floors are going to scuff. Interior picutres of some of the proto's look pretty scratched. ANy thoughts?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Fretjock said:
I have been concerned about how badly the "rubber" floors are going to scuff. Interior picutres of some of the proto's look pretty scratched. ANy thoughts?
Don't drive in cleats.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You could always cover the entire interior rubber flooring with duraliner or some type of spray in or roll in bedliner. They are guaranteed for life and it would probably resist scratching a bit better than the stock rubber floor.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
nice! Is there a handle you can pull on or do you just pull on the tire? lol. Also....is the remote a big clunky separate thing or is it integrated into the key? The '06 Tacoma I saw last night had a separate remote....very old school to me.
There is a handle on the back under the FJ badge to open the rear door.

As far as the panels and floor I believe they are going to add a texture to them. The door panels and center console in the prototype I drove Im sure wasnt finished. We just have to wait and see how they texture them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fretjock said:
i thought everyone wanted to play in the mud, get it scratched up the first day, let it get beat to hell and not worry about it. it's a 4wd terror machine afterall. step aside and let the big boys play.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts