Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I finally got my FJ.

It is awesome and I'm pretty excited to start adding my touches to it.

The front currently has the Skyjacker Adjustable Coilovers and the rear has Fox 2.0 shocks. I am unsure if the rear is lifted to match but I'd like it to sit higher in back.

I don't see any spacers under the coils. is that our best option for a rear lift? If so, how hard is it to install?

·
Registered
199 Posts
How about some pictures? Side view of the truck, suspension components, any others you feel like sharing.
Plenty of options, springs, spacers, both, portal axles, bigger tires.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
lifting rear is usually as easy as replacing the rear coil springs, but it depends on how high of a lift in the front due to the Skyjacker adjustable coilovers. Sometimes while replacing rear springs you may have to replace the shocks to accomodate that. My guess is the Fox 2.0 shocks are probably meant for a lift from 1-3" already. Just dont know if you have stock springs in the rear already or have aftermarket ones. Potentially the front could be way too high and you need to lower those and the rear is already lifted. As Jshollis mentioned, would be good to provide pictures to get more input.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,864 Posts
Spring spacers
springs
Air bags

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello everyone, thanks for the replies. Here’s some pics. I’d guess it’s probably normal looking but I like the rear higher.
DDE24EFF-F06E-409E-A6A0-E2FB6906FE9C.jpeg 59F16A10-DFD2-4777-BB97-CD9E148CD153.jpeg 8A6EA83E-8652-4130-8615-97691DC3382C.jpeg CB131BDD-9695-44C8-8946-C3ACC089307D.jpeg

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks like after market rear spring, without knowing the height or spring rate of them it would be hard to say what to replace them with. I know it sounds crazy but you could lower the front just a touch to get the look your after. Would be cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would guess the springs are 1.5" taller than stock. Adding a 2" spacer could very well over extend the shock. Maybe someone else here will recognize your setup and have more info.

Reactions: Fowlken8

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I gotta sort this out. I parked by a stock Fj, my front.....it's lifted haha rear about the same size, and my tires are a size bigger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts