Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one sick of me yet!!

I purchased the complete lift through toytec...The rear I ended up getting the pro comps with springs (20%), I have found the threads on installing the springs,my question is can I do this without the spring compressor or can this be done fairly easy buy jacking the other end of the rear Axel up as stated?

Any feed back is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
499 Posts
I am not sick of you cause I'll be asking the same questions in about a week. I have the same set up on order and I have been researching installing. I would think spring compressors would be almost impossible on the rear because once you get them in there compressed you will have to release them somehow which wouldn't be easy.

I think the best way is jacking up the opposite side of the axle to bring the other side down then insert the spring(as stated in the OME install thread)....good luck and let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone familure with the procomps? I feel like an idiot..no matter what I do I canot get enough thread to start bolt on top of shock!!!!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
bump for an answer for Zombie

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Success!!! :clap: I have successfully installed my first front and rear lift...I did do this by myself although I do suggest help for the rear ;even with jack stands while installing rear springs I did lose it (she came crashing down) luckily I just came out from underneath .No harm done just need to get bushing for one of the rear shocks that was not in packaging.

Thanks Mike and the others that responded when I freaking out and needed a little guidance.

·
Registered
499 Posts
thanks for the bump Memphis I was using one to many washers
You are welcome.

Success!!! :clap: I have successfully installed my first front and rear lift...I did do this by myself although I do suggest help for the rear ;even with jack stands while installing rear springs I did lose it (she came crashing down) luckily I just came out from underneath .No harm done just need to get bushing for one of the rear shocks that was not in packaging.

Thanks Mike and the others that responded when I freaking out and needed a little guidance.
Now you are scaring me, details on how she came crashing down I definitely don't want to repeat that. Did you use hand tools(no air) for the whole thing(front & rear). What are you doing about a bushing until you get another one? Can't wait for pics!:clap:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are welcome.

Now you are scaring me, details on how she came crashing down I definitely don't want to repeat that. Did you use hand tools(no air) for the whole thing(front & rear). What are you doing about a bushing until you get another one? Can't wait for pics!:clap:
Not quite sure.like I said I was buy myself..the 1st spring went fine in doing the second one I was using a bottle jack to force one side down.(the jack stands I had under the sliders) and must of knocked one away abit when jacking up the other side it raised it up slightly,neither the floor jack or bottle jack were sitting flat on the axle due to the angle...and it just slipped,should of called some one and had them help,with an extra set of hands could of did it allot safer and quicker.

No air tools... it still on jacks till I can find a bushing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts