Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly easy question, in all my years of owning cars/trucks, I have never upgraded my vehicles with any accessories until I bought my FJ. I added the roof rack, brushguard, brushguard driving lights, stainless steel step bars, & the exhaust tip. This is my question, I would like to raise the rear a little higher, I always like the way a SUV looks when the rear is higher then the front (example: my 2003 Dodge Durango). With that said, what options are available to raise the rear? What would the costs be on parts and labor?
Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
usually people would put a lift in the front as well as in the rear, but if you just want the rear lifted you can get some aftermarket OME springs.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Thanks, what would the cost be for parts & labor?
Well the rear coils may cost a few hundred dollars, but labor shouldn't anything if you do it your self.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Very easy really - if you let it be...

Search the Suspension Tech Forum for rear spring upgrades, there are many, and should very easily accomplish what you want to do.

Word of warning though: Doing a rear spring swap will only lead to rear shocks and new front coilovers to finish the job and do it right. Just bite the bullet and do it all...

A.W.D.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Rear springs will cost about a $140.00 a pair and there is not a whole lot of labor is involved if you don't want to do it yourself, shop should be able to do it for you for a reasonable amount.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Go to the Toytec website and look at the rear lift stuff, there you will find what you need, instructions and all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts