Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have used search.

I know the bazookas fit but would like another brand.

Which speakers fit in the rear pillars without cutting? Looking for specific brands, models.

Looking at Infinity Reference 4" or Polk db 4" for the rear pillar. Anybody put these in the rear? If so, how much trouble was it?

Also, anybody mount an amp under the front seat?

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
I have 4 inch speakers in my rear pillars and it was a task getting them to fit. You can get the 4's but you will have to make a mounting bracket and also space the speaker out so the magnet doesn't touch the pillar. I am told a 3.5 inch would fit in the factory spot, but I found it hard to find any decent 3.5's. I also wanted to have all Memphis speakers and the smallest they make is a 4 inch.
I have my amp under my seat. I would like to move it up higher but there are not many places in the FJ to mount an amp and be able to access it for adjustments.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I thought I'd go ahead and repeat myself here… I and another person have found that though 2011 FJs still have the wiring for the rear speakers, apparently if you have the base 6 speaker head end there is nothing actually connected to the wires.

So the rear speaker wiring is useless in 2011s unless you have the upgraded stereo, in which case you already have rear speakers there, or you replace the stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts