Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FJ doesn't have the Rear Pillar Speakers but I'd love to get some sound back there to make the system sound more full. Those of us without them from the factory, did Toyota Pre-wire our fj's back there and just omit the installation of the actual speakers? Or do I need to re-wire back there if I'm going to add speakers to there. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Pre-wired, just need the adapters or you can solder your own. Myself and many others have just put some small speakers into the stock removable panel. You can always reinforce the back w/ some epoxy putty to firm it up.

The connectors are below the panel opening, just pop the plastic panel off and you'll see.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
You should know though that they're not powerful enough for you to hear much of anything up in the front seat. I put Infinity Reference 3.5s back there so the kids in the backseat got a little more sound, but if you don't have people in back, it may not be worth the $ or effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did it finally! My subwoofer has 1200 watts powering it so if you sat in the back seat all you heard was subwoofer and no lyrics. So I added them so that my rear passengers can have a jolly time in my ride.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
You should know though that they're not powerful enough for you to hear much of anything up in the front seat. I put Infinity Reference 3.5s back there so the kids in the backseat got a little more sound, but if you don't have people in back, it may not be worth the $ or effort.
x2, if you want a more full sound, do some 6.5" speakers in the back seat area.

Wicked C.A.S. :: Speaker Pods :: Toyota - FJ Cruiser Rear PODS. Speaker Pods / Panels

I actually just took out my rear pillar speakers and I didn't hear any difference at all. A waste IMO.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mileage may vary, i noticed a difference when I put mine in.

·
Registered
838 Posts
There was a big difference with mine, but I put in 4" Pioneers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts