1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Those are fastory covers, so they DO match everything.
The factory puts 3" speakers back there, I put 3.5" speakers in. Some have put 4" speakers in, but I can't see 6.5's going behind those without a LOT of metat cutting!

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
i first replaced the rear with a 3.5, but i agree, cant see a 6.5 fitting in there..but, i believe some here have done it, so it cant be impossible.....i since then have taken mine out..bad imaging..good luck

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'll be in San Diego the 2nd weekend in June. If you're willing to wait, I'd consider trading you my covers for your blanks. PM me if interested. An aside, though, the imaging (if you end up amplifying) won't be that great. It's a weird spot for such small speakers, especially if you add a sub and some speakers by the rear doors (where they should have gone anyway)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supposedly the wiring is already there. I agree it is a really weird spot for speakers. I couldnt see adding speakers back there unless they ampified. I just dont want my rear passengers to only hear bass when I crank it thats the only reason Im adding them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everybody

·
Registered
169 Posts
I own an '07 that did not come with factory speakers.

The wiring for the speakers IS there! If you pop off the plastic cover, just look in and down about 1 1/2" and you will see the factory plugs. The speakers just plug into those.

But........
I just spent a whole bunch of money to install the OEM speakers, (speakers, speaker covers, brackets and bolts) and to be honest, it was a waste! Not worth the money, IMO. They don't put out any volume and the sound quality is horrible.

I would definitely upgrade to a better quality speaker.

Just my opinion..........
Wilkie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ajstoy: I would swap but i already bought & paid for my covers. Just waiting for them to show up. Thanks anyways though

·
Registered
300 Posts
the speaker wiring IS there as it was mentioned before. you would just have to get the wiring harness that attaches to the existing harness from cruthchfield. it's only around $10. i didn't have the the factory speakers in the rear also ad installed 4'' Infinity's. some people say that once you install subs, you won't be able to hear them. i can hear them clearly with the bass pumping at loud volumes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FJchema: Can you post a link to the wiring harness you are referring to on cruthchfield.com? Thanks

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
If anyone is willing to trade for my blanks let have at it pm me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts