Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the rear speaker grills and some speakers and I noticed there is a one piece connector for the speakers inside tower.Question is can I get a female connector that will match up with the one from the factory?? If so does anyone have a part number??

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
the adapters work like a champ, you will have to get creative with where to mount the speakers, but it worked just fine for me. Another thing I had to do to the speaker grilles: the inside of the grille has a plastic cylinder that I guess is supposed to direct the sound that comes out. With the way I mounted the speakers, I got them in and they were buzzing horribly. It was the speaker vibrating against that cylinder. I just took a razorblade and shaved them off, and now they work like a champ. Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I should have everything in tomorrow.

Landy what size speakers did you get in there?? We measured and it looks like 3 1/2" will fit inside the opening. I know there is a special mounting bracket from Toyota that you need if you were to install the 2" that came from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Thanks for the info. I should have everything in tomorrow.

Landy what size speakers did you get in there?? We measured and it looks like 3 1/2" will fit inside the opening. I know there is a special mounting bracket from Toyota that you need if you were to install the 2" that came from the factory.
I put 4" Infinity speakers in there. I was able to mount them just fine without any bracket, but you'll need some self tapping screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts