Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been going around trying to get info on all the rear springs so I can compare them and see what would best suite my needs or if custom is in order. I am still missing some info and some springs but thought I would share what I have now and update as the info comes in. If you guys have a spring and its info that is not on here post it up along with its specs. Or if you feel my info is wrong let me now and I will double check it.

Spring . . . . . . . . . . . . Lift . . . . . . . . Length . . . . . . . Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Made in
Stock. . . . . . . . . . . . base . . . . . . 14.88" . . . . . . . . ~190lb
All Pro. . . . . . . . . . . . +2" . . . . . . .15.75" . . . . . . . .15% stiffer then stock;~218lb . . . . . USA
Deaver. . . . . . . . . . . .+2.5". . . . . .16.5" . . . . . . . . . 30% stiffer then stock;~240lb. . . . . USA
Icon VD. . . . . . . . . . . +2" . . . . . . .15.75" . . . . . . . ...15% stiffer then stock;~218lb. . . . . USA
Sway-a-way. . . . . . . .+2" . . . . . . .----- . . . . . . . . .12% stiffer then stock;~213lb
Downey . . . . . . . . . . .+1.5" . . . . .. 16.13" . . . . . . . .~22% stiffer then stock;232lb
OME895 . . . . . . . . . . .+2" . . . . . . .15.35" . . . . . . . .~37% stiffer then stock;260lb . . . . . Australia
OME896 . . . . . . . . . . .+2" . . . . . . .15.35" . . . . . . . .~67% stiffer then stock;318lb . . . . . Australia
OME897 . . . . . . . . . . .+2" . . . . . . .15.35" . . . . . . . .~103% stiffer then stock;387lb. . . . . Australia
Toytecs "Superflex". . .+2.5". . . . . .17.00". . . . . . . . ~15% stiffer then stock;218lb. . . . . . USA
Rough Country. . . . . . .+2". . . . . . . .16.56". . . . . . . .~16% stiffer then stock;220lb

·
Registered
628 Posts
i have downey offroad rear springs that i bought from forum member Teotwaki.
downey claims theyre 1 1/2" lift springs that give 1 3/4" lift but i only got roughly 1.3" lift out of them.
i believe theyre 10% stiffer than stock.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made in USA by the way - because that matters to most people...
Very true. I will add that to the list. :)

i have downey offroad rear springs that i bought from forum member Teotwaki.
downey claims theyre 1 1/2" lift springs that give 1 3/4" lift but i only got roughly 1.3" lift out of them.
i believe theyre 10% stiffer than stock.
Thanks I will add them.

great idea, hopefully someone can post up the OME rates as well.
I have a email into them right now trying to get that info.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I now for sure what is off my buying list!
But I guess some people need it that stiff, but man do I feel bad for them.

Thanks again for the link T. now if I can just hear back from SAW and DR.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I have the OME 895's and they are a bit stiff. I want to switch to donahoe but Im concerned that I will get some sag when adding the Demelllo rear bumper. So I'm considering just switching out the rear shocks to donahoe at first and then see if I get any sag with the demello bumper before switching to the donahoe coils as well

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the OME 895's and they are a bit stiff. I want to switch to donahoe but Im concerned that I will get some sag when adding the Demelllo rear bumper. So I'm considering just switching out the rear shocks to donahoe at first and then see if I get any sag with the demello bumper before switching to the donahoe coils as well
Good plan. It is always best to just do one change at a time when your trying to get your suspension figured out.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thong if you read this can I get the specs on your custom springs? I now you posted them some were but I don't remember were.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wonder what the toytec's are? I should have measured befoer I put them on.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Great thread Josh! rep points buddy:) This is just in time of what Larry (uphill) and I were discussing a couple of days ago. I'm running the DR's and have no sag when I added the AP rear bumper. Now once I add the Man--Free fuel tanks under the FJ down the road, I will be maxing out the DR springs, this is what Jason also says. I will have added a lot more weight by then too. A sleeping platform with air tools, recovery tools, spare parts, water, fuel, etc. I'll move up to some heavy's at that point.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great thread Josh! rep points buddy:) This is just in time of what Larry (uphill) and I were discussing a couple of days ago. I'm running the DR's and have no sag when I added the AP rear bumper. Now once I add the Man--Free fuel tanks under the FJ down the road, I will be maxing out the DR springs, this is what Jason also says. I will have added a lot more weight by then too. A sleeping platform with air tools, recovery tools, spare parts, water, fuel, etc. I'll move up to some heavy's at that point.
Thanks for the Rep. :D
Glad I could help. I now I am having a hard time figuring out what I will do when $$ shows up and figured I am not the only one.:indifferent: I think I will end up going custom in the end like T. did.:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
YES the HOES will SAG! mine did with stock bumper

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I am switching to OME 896's from Donahoe's in the rear to support the MAF aux. fuel tank and Fab Fours rear bumper. The rear Hoes (springs) will go up for sale. They're good as new but as one would expect, I'm going to discount them. Let me know by PM if any of you have an interest and we'll figure out the price.

EDIT: That was quick - Hoe rear coils are now spoken for.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
I think the OME's are made in Australia. I try to buy "Proudly Made in Australia" products whenever I can! :) (gotta love ARB!)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts