Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many I would like to do a mild 3 inch lift on my FJC sometime in the future. I have been checking out many member builds on this site and they all look great. One thing I notice is that even after the lift many FJCs still have a rake. Can you guys tell me who makes a rear spring that nets the least amount of lift so the back is not higher than the front. I know many are fans of the OME lifts and I think that would be a great option for the front but it seems like their rear springs make the rear higher than the front. How about the toytec customs? Do they give you less height than the OME springs. Any other brands? I did see that Truxxx has a rear spacer that is 1.25" which seems ideal to pair with a 3 inch front. I'm just not wild about a spacer if there are spring options that net the same lift. BTW, my FJ is stock with no added weight to factor in. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
OME 895E, make sure you get the "E". Shorter than OME 895 = less rear lift. Less rear lift = less rake. Less rear lift needs less front lift to correct the rake. Less front lift = better chance of keeping alignment specs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You need to remember that without lift the FJC has some rake. If you take that out you will need to adjust your headlights or everyone will be flashing their bright lights at you. I found this out when I installed a ToyTec 3" lift with OME shocks and it happened to me. I went back and put 1/2" spacers on the rear to correct the problem.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
You're welcome and you are welcomed to the forum. The great thing about the OME rear set-up is that you can always, always bump up to 895's for more rear lift later for hauling gear, towing, bigger tires, etc. You keep the same shocks which is where more of your dollars are anyways. The springs are cheap, can be had for around $65 each. It's like an adjustable rear lift. They are stiff however - BUT I hauled a 450 pound precast concrete landing around today and I had no sag whatsoever in the rear. Stock or anything else will noticeably sag under load. The OME's are rated 37% stiffer than stock. That's more than twice all others. The rake is there for a reason, hauling and towing. I like to know I can haul or tow and possibly avoid a reverse rake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts