Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very nice...what are the dimensions of the folding top sections? Been thinking about something like that myself...
I will have to measure for you. Don't have anything written down. lol

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I will have to measure for you. Don't have anything written down. lol
Cool, no hurry. Since your sections cleared to flip over it would be nice not to have to re-engineer it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The finished product. All that's left to do is get the hi lift mounted on it.

Drawer is notched for access to the OEM power inverter that is now mounted inside the box.

Will add some pics with it folded down tomorrow. Ran out of daylight today.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Unfolded for sleeping.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Unfolded for sleeping.

Looks great. I have to remove my seat bottoms in order to stretch out all the way. Took em out over 6 months ago and never put them back in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks great. I have to remove my seat bottoms in order to stretch out all the way. Took em out over 6 months ago and never put them back in.
Lol I hear ya. I can stretch out diagonally but if the wife tags along then the seat bottoms would need to come out. Or we'd need to curl up lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi lift mount mockup. Using the supports for the platform to support the jack so I'm killing two birds with one stone. Drilled the holes and the paint is drying. Will buy the hardware tomorrow and get it mounted!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great job! Very cool.....I've been drafting up an idea very similar to this...with the folding platform, although I was going to make mine lower (the overall goal is to have a level surface to place my dog crates. I have a travel trailer and can't open the back door when hitched up, so need to flip and move the crates forward. The crates have to be level to get the doors open).

Would you be willing to post plans/dimensions, if you can't convince your dad to produce?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sure I'll get some rough measurements for you.

Finished it up this morning. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice set up.

Reactions: Tys 4x4

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
What did you do to keep your platform leveled? I am struggling with an idea for that part of my platform.
If you're asking me, just go to page one of my build thread. Link in sig.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can you comfortably sleep stretched out with the seats still in? And if so, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 5'11'' and starting to research a sleeping solution. Thanks!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts