Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear suspension air bags?? I installed a set of these on my wifes Pathfinder and they were very easy to install with no disassembly. I picked some up for the FJ and the instruction state the rear springs have to be removed. After a log look it looks like I could squeeze them in without removing the springs. Was just wondering if anyone else had installed these and what route you took??

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
What kit did you get? The airlift springs you will need to remove the springs to installthe airbags inside the springs. Its very easy though. All you have to do is unbolt the shocks, and the rear end will drop enugh and the springs will just slip out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Airlift is the brand. On the Pathfinder I was able to compress the bag and by installing the cap back on the nipple it stopped it from expanding. Therefore I was able to slide them into the springs ,pull the cap on the nipple and watch them expand into shape. It was tough getting them in but thats the way the direction were worded. I'm just wondering if I could de the same thing (if possible)?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Go ahead and give it a try, if that doesn't work then just remove the springs, it really isn't that hard to get the springs off.:bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts