Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I've been looking over my rig in a bit more detail...I currently have the rough country rear lift coils and shocks and in the front I have the toytec coil over. I'm thinking about upgrading the rear as the shocks are starting to rust horribly, ect. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I just replaced my Allpro rear suspension for Metaltech LT rear and it was the best move I've made in a long time with the mods. It drives better on pavement, trails, washboard roads, higher speed desert runs, etc. Lots of choices on shocks from Icon and Radflo. And pretty cheap for the 2.0 icon kit. 10% off all LT kits through Halloween too.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm I hear you guys, today I noticed my front end even sits a bit higher than the back with a bumper...unfortunately I have to base some of my descion financialy...thoughts on toyteclifts springs and shocks?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Metal Tech LT with 2.5 coils.....Can remove rear sway bar and you'd never know it was missing. However, not worth the money if you don't off road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just replaced my Allpro rear suspension for Metaltech LT rear and it was the best move I've made in a long time with the mods. It drives better on pavement, trails, washboard roads, higher speed desert runs, etc. Lots of choices on shocks from Icon and Radflo. And pretty cheap for the 2.0 icon kit. 10% off all LT kits through Halloween too.
Sweet!

What shocks did you select? And did you remove your rear sway bar?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Which Allpro rear suspension did you have? I currently have the walker evans with the 3.5" heavy springs.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Which Allpro rear suspension did you have? I currently have the walker evans with the 3.5" heavy springs.

I had the AP 2" springs and WE 2.0 nonresi shocks. Those AP 3.5" springs may have been a better choice even though I'm not hauling tons of weight.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I had the AP 2" springs and WE 2.0 nonresi shocks. Those AP 3.5" springs may have been a better choice even though I'm not hauling tons of weight.
Does MT have a comparable system to the 3.5 springs and shocks? I can only find the 2.0 icons/radflo on there.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Sweet!

What shocks did you select? And did you remove your rear sway bar?

I did remove the rear sway bar, and there is really no choice with the LT kit, or you defeat the purpose or benefit of the LT kit. I barely notice it's gone around turns and curves, but I do feel a little bouncy sway in the rear end at on rutted dirt roads and trails, or big bumps, mostly at lower speeds on the bumpier dirt roads, and slow speed trails. That could be the medium springs as well, or both. Any sway is predictable, and minimal so I don't drive any different, and I like to go fast around curves :jester:

I had my front sway bar off previously, and that was downright scary in comparison. After traveling at 55-80mph on a road trip, I immediately put it back on. If a sudden move had to be made, or you had to drive off the road unexpectedly, the results wouldn't be good! Plus the lean around curves was embarrassing haha.

Removing The rear sway bar is nothing in comparison, and I don't miss it.

I got the icon 2.0 but had my eyes on the Radflo 2.0. The Radflos take a few weeks, but the Icons are usually in stock. I'm real happy so far with the Icons 2.0s, but if I find they can't handle long distance desert roads without fading, I'll be upping to 2.5s and selling off the 2.0s! I would also be curious to try the heavy springs. I love my cushy new ride, and it it plenty strong, but a slighter more firm tail end might be on the horizon :cheers:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I did remove the rear sway bar, and there is really no choice with the LT kit, or you defeat the purpose or benefit of the LT kit. I barely notice it's gone around turns and curves, but I do feel a little bouncy sway in the rear end at on rutted dirt roads and trails, or big bumps, mostly at lower speeds on the bumpier dirt roads, and slow speed trails. That could be the medium springs as well, or both. Any sway is predictable, and minimal so I don't drive any different, and I like to go fast around curves :jester:

I had my front sway bar off previously, and that was downright scary in comparison. After traveling at 55-80mph on a road trip, I immediately put it back on. If a sudden move had to be made, or you had to drive off the road unexpectedly, the results wouldn't be good! Plus the lean around curves was embarrassing haha.

Removing The rear sway bar is nothing in comparison, and I don't miss it.

I got the icon 2.0 but had my eyes on the Radflo 2.0. The Radflos take a few weeks, but the Icons are usually in stock. I'm real happy so far with the Icons 2.0s, but if I find they can't handle long distance desert roads without fading, I'll be upping to 2.5s and selling off the 2.0s! I would also be curious to try the heavy springs. I love my cushy new ride, and it it plenty strong, but a slighter more firm tail end might be on the horizon :cheers:
The front sway isn't too bad. I'm not running any sway bars at all, although the LT suspension might impact that a little.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts