Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good metal guards out there that DO NOT require drilling?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Nope. Better to have to replace a lens than dented body panel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Damage multipliers ? C'mon. Yeah if you install a Bull Bar on the front, your looking for trouble. I keep reading put downs of these tail light guards. First of all, if you get hit from behind that high up ,THAT will be the least of your problems. Plus if your so "Reverse Impaired" and you back into something that high ,that ALSO is the least of your problems.
All I know after having mine on my FJ for 6 years, have had NO problems except when parked outside a Little League Field and a very high foul ball went over the backstop and came down on my FJ . The witness said the baseball hit the top of the light guard then bounced up onto the roof where I found it . I would have been replacing a tail light assembly had that guard not been on there. Did NO damage to the guard. Could that happen twice in a life time, probably not.But it happened to me.

If anybody had actual damage accentuated by that cage being on there, we would love to see it instead of people just guessing what might happen. Don't be hater if you don't have one and those that do look cooler than yours!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have rear tail light protectors. truck backed up into my FJ. hit the drivers tail light. No damage to the light but damaged the panel. Collision shop said good thing I had them on because those tail
lights were very expensive. cheaper to repair panel.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can cruise the mall and usually see some on a Friday nights. They are cool and cute. The ones with the eyelashes on the front to balance the look do get the most attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts