Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running RC 3" springs and 285 BFG AT's on stock 17's and when fully articulated the back tires are rubbing the fender wells. Never noticed a noise but now the undercoating is gone in a nice half moon shape and the inner lugs on the tire are tore up a bit. Is this common?

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Running RC 3" springs and 285 BFG AT's on stock 17's and when fully articulated the back tires are rubbing the fender wells. Never noticed a noise but now the undercoating is gone in a nice half moon shape and the inner lugs on the tire are tore up a bit. Is this common?
Yes, the key phrase being "fully articulated". I didn't notice mine very much until I put on 34" tires (and I have an Icon / OME 3" lift, not RC).

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Yep...Time to get a bigger lift! That is if you wheel it to the full capacity alot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've been mulling it around a bit anyway, I just wish more of the forum guys were close to me so I could actually see another modded FJ for some references. I've never even seen another lifted FJ in person, they just aren't common here. Anyway I want more lift but I'm just not sure how much more I can get without dropping the diff which I really don't want to do. I guess the 3.5" Coilovers and some uca's give more but how much more we talkin? What is the next step for the rear longer shocks bigger springs and new links? Hate to spend $1500 for another 1/2".

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
You could also use wheel spacers to get a little more clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts