Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The TOY Outfitters has released the second generation of rear upper links. We have made a slight change from the original links, moving from 1” X .156” DOM tube with a threaded end to accept a 2” Johnny Joint to 1.25” X .125” DOM tube with a Ballistic Fabrication weld in bung.

This was done due to the 1” X .156” tube being very hard to come by. These new links offer the flex and strength required to get the most out of your FJ’s rear axle. The combination of an adjustable Johnny Joint on one and and a urethane bushing on the other allow the axle to flex to it's full potential while still providing for vibration isolation. THe adjustable Johnny Joint also allows for adjustment of pinion angle.

So if your OEM upper links look like this and you are tired of the limiting OEM rubber bushings

Try a set of these, selling for $225.00 a pair plus shipping.

We will soon release a new panhard bar with Johnny Joint and urethane bushing as well

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Nice work Stan. One more item to add to my wish list.

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
Looks like a great product and at a very good price. By going to a larger and thinner tubing on the second generation, you've nearly double the stiffness (86%) and the weight only goes up by less than 10%. Great work Stan. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Miscommunication on my part. I thought Mrs. Wilson ordered for me and she says she told me to order. Too late for Christmas, but not too late to order for my birthday which is less than 2 weeks away.

Stan, how do you prefer I place said order?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ring me up on the phone and I'll get you whatever you need.

Stan
864-590-0051

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Roger that. I will give you a call tomorrow sir. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are they working out for you Wilson?

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
How are they working out for you Wilson?
Finally got them installed about a month ago.
Look great under there and can't wait to flex the rear on the trail. I will post up some pics when I finally get off the pavement. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally! The 2" Johnny Joints showed up yesterday. All Back ordered UCAs will ship out today. Sorry for the delay guys.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
nice those will be added to the wish list

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All orders for Upper Links have been shipped :)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Got mine Thursday. Installed them Friday. And wheeled with them Sunday.
These are a great, solidly built product. It may be that my perception is skewed by wanting new parts to make a difference. but I feel like rig flexed better and I had less tripoding than before. Thanks Stan!:cheers:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad that they are working well for you Steve.

Stan

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been a while since this thread has seen the light of day

1 - 20 of 24 Posts