Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the rear view mirror completely pointless, I don't know anyone else's opinion but it just doesn't seem to cut it. It doesn't have enough visibility through the back window I think it needs to be bigger or have some kind of magnification or something. When I drive I use the side mirrors all the time and don't even bother with it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use it allot.. i can see a drunk guy at night coming up on me... It works good for me...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Rear view mirror works for me. Can it be improved, you bet!

I like Mike's clip-on mirror, but I really like Cruiser Larry's backup camera/oversized rear view mirror combo.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I hate that every day i get in the FJ, it feels like someone moved my mirror like a mm.. so its just a pinch off.

Anyone else have this problem? I swear it is never in the same position i left it..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I hate that every day i get in the FJ, it feels like someone moved my mirror like a mm.. so its just a pinch off.

Anyone else have this problem? I swear it is never in the same position i left it..

I totally agree with you! I always think my husband has messed with it even when he hasn't driven the FJ.

The mirror itself isn't that bad...there just isn't a lot of room to see out the back window so I can't see how a bigger mirror would help all that much. I rely on the side mirrors a lot.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
That's about all it's good for.. LOL... We can't actually blame it on the mirror however. It's a long way back to a tiny window.. Sort-a like looking into a 1950's rifle scope. Ron

I use it allot.. i can see a drunk guy at night coming up on me... It works good for me...
That mirror comes in handy when cop is trying to pull you over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts