Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any good pics of how the rear window operates?? I've seen pics of the entire rear door open but I know that the window opens too, I just haven't been able to locate a good pic of it.

Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's hinged at the top and opens up with two support rams. To open it you put the key in the back door, turn it and hold it. The lock releases and you can pull it open.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Juliet you might want to consider the TRD exhaust for Rover's sake. It's not for me since it's mostly just bling but it is a side exit exhaust instead of the rear exit configuration of the stock system. Since the FJC has no back windows for ventilation, with the rear window up the exhaust is probably going to draft right up into the vehicle. I've experienced this on an old jeep of mine with a rear exit exhaust, even with the top off. I think it's going to be especially bad on the FJC but I hope I'm wrong. Unfortunately they are asking $550 for the TRD "Performance" Exhaust, even though there isn't much performance gain from it. I guess you could wait and see if it's an issue and then upgrade the exhaust later if you need to.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I've ordered it as an option... we'll see if I get it. If not, I'll add it on later. I put a TRD exhaust on my 04 Tundra and it gave me a little performance gain and an awsome sound.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Juliet said:
Oh, that's perfect! Thanks a ton!!! Dog will be happy. :)
I don't think it's designed to be left open while driving, especially at highway speeds.

Perhaps you should consider having Dog as your copilot. Let the humans sit in the back seat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice rear window pics!! You guys are good at finding stuff.

So..... what happens if you put a larger than stock tire back there? Will the window not be able to open??????? Not much clearance. Seems kind of lame.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
we could all just pretend we're from Baston...

Cackpit...

Hitchcack...

·
Registered
185 Posts
phucking a!
i thought everyone was talking about the rear passenger windows not opening!
this really sucks.
i wonder how hard it would be to remove the two struts and pins to remove the window????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts