Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing that this unsactioned vendor finally ran afoul of the Admin's since this thread has seemed to vanish into thin air as well as the vendors profile. Bummer, I was really hoping to find out what the members who purchased them thought about the product. Hopefully some of you guys who bought them will still post up some pictures with your thoughts on the final version. Oh well, c'est la vie.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Guess the "forum wheels of industry" were turning and they just rolled over that thread and that vendor. I guess what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. :slant:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
His profile is still there, not sure why you can't see it. He is still a member of the forum.

The thread has been temporarily removed until his vendor status is finalized. Once he becomes a supporting vendor (SV), it will be opened back up. He was given a lot of discretion on the presumption that he was becoming a SV. We have not heard anything back from the forum owners and have to protect our SV's. The thread had become one huge adverstisement for his product and he basically had free reign of the forum without being a SV. It is the same protection he would expect once everything is finalized and he has his SV status.

One thing to remember folks, this forum remains free in large part to our SV's. With that said, one of our main tasks is to protect their interests.

Thanks,

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His profile is still there, not sure why you can't see it. He is still a member of the forum.

The thread has been temporarily removed until his vendor status is finalized. Once he becomes a supporting vendor (SV), it will be opened back up. He was given a lot of discretion on the presumption that he was becoming a SV. We have not heard anything back from the forum owners and have to protect our SV's. The thread had become one huge adverstisement for his product and he basically had free reign of the forum without being a SV. It is the same protection he would expect once everything is finalized and he has his SV status.

One thing to remember folks, this forum remains free in large part to our SV's. With that said, one of our main tasks is to protect their interests.

Thanks,
No worries and beleive me I get it. I just thought I remembered posting something on this thread recently and when i went back to check it I could not find it or the member profile for the pending vendor. Lack of looking hard enough for the second part I guess. I had allready thought that one of two things was going to happen with this thread for the reasons you stated, either he was going to become a supporting vendor or the thread was going to end. I guess we will see what the final outcome will be soon. I for one am hoping for vendor status with a group buy attached.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I understand that being a SV, but is there any other vendor who is an SV selling these and if so why haven't they told anyone? I am not trying to create havoc, but I am. I mean I understand rules have to be followed and that is fine, but really? If there isn't an SV selling this product then why not allow some entrepreneur to have free reign over a totally new market. I am not saying I am just saying, but hey everyone has to pay their dues right?

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
There are TONS of threads on this forum for products that arn't SV provided... Maybe the non-supporting vendors' post should have been removed, and our discussion on the product should remain... I mean, I did not know that the information on this forum was restricted to only SV information... 8-/

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts

Thanks,
?? Are there forums people have to pay for? I bet they don't have many members. Auto forums(or whoever the owner is this week) is making a killing off SV's and telling us it's to keep the servers paid for. BS.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
There are TONS of threads on this forum for products that arn't SV provided... Maybe the non-supporting vendors' post should have been removed, and our discussion on the product should remain... I mean, I did not know that the information on this forum was restricted to only SV information... 8-/
Agree. Let me go back and clean it up so we can re-open the thread. Will be closed to posting until I am done.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Thanks Wilson, I appreciate it... I know it's more of a PIA ! ! !.... :bigthumb:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
?? Are there forums people have to pay for? I bet they don't have many members. Auto forums(or whoever the owner is this week) is making a killing off SV's and telling us it's to keep the servers paid for. BS.
That may be true, we have quite a few SV's.

However, if you were allowed to advertise without paying, who would? I know I wouldn't if I had a product to bring to this market. Then we go from a lot of SV's and the owners making a killing, to them making nothing.

I'm not smart enough about servers, bandwidth and the support staff needed to keep a forum of this size up and running but I'm sure it's not cheap.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
YEP... Understandable !.... Thank You Guys !... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be a member if I had to pay for it. Seems like the free market would weed out the "pay forums". Why pay to be a member there, when you can be here for free. And if they make me pay for this site, I'll go to another, and it may be slow, but the info and members would follow suit. And with the member comes the SV's. Concept of a free market, it regulates its self.

I don't care one way or another, but I am curious the income to debt ratio this site has. It's not just the SV's, don't forget the supporting members payed some money, and the slew of "non logged in" adds, and the few "logged in" adds.

I don't really give a sh!t, just thinking out loud. Personally, rear windows that open up are going to be nice, but I'm not prepared to spend $400+ on them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts