Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. Rear quarter windows that popped out, like every minivan and pinto and vega ever made came equipped with, and rear suicide door windows that rolled down or at least popped out. The extra airflow would be nice.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a product called "FJ Freedom Windows" that is an after market install of pop-outs for the FJC suicide doors. I have seen prices from $400.00 + labor. I have not heard any feedback from anyone who has actually had the freedom window mod done. Even if I could afford it, I would want some feedback that it doesn't leak or otherwise jack up my FJC before I committed to major surgery like that.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Those look tempting, but if I understand the web page they're plexiglass? I'd worry about that hazing up over time.
The "glass" is plexiglass and super tinted. They may get hazed up over time but I'm not concerned about it. You can buy a replacement plexi portion for about $50 from Freedom. I have had zero leaks or complaints. My dog loves it and so do I :cheers:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
As of the 25th, mine will have been on for 2 years (writeup from 2 years ago), with no issues to date.

I did have a leak one time, but after investigation found out that one of my daughters had unlatched her side so I can't blame the windows for that.

At the right angle, I can see a couple of pinstripes in mine (too many trails scrubbing them through the pine trees), but compared to the paint right behind them - they've held up extremely well.

Not sure how long they'd take to haze up, but it is for sure more than 2 years, as mine are just as clear as they were day 1.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts