Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here we go again...im wanting to paint the rear bumper "wings" but not sure how hard to pull, or where, if any, bolts holding them on are at....i know many have done this in the past, and well..........tips??

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Dude, I did mine without removing the bumper and it turned out awesome! I am pretty picky so that is saying something. You can mask and drape to cover the rest of your rig and off you go. I probably spent an hour prepping and another 4 hours painting. I take my time in between coats so it dries really well.

I finally removed the drapes and tape at the end of the day and it really turned out well. I removed my front bumper to do the front wings but decided to try to do the rear without removing it. I ended up going back and doing the front over, exactly like I did the rear because I liked it so much.

Hope that helps you. Just be patient!

Kim

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Kim, you need to update that signature picture bad.
And get some pics of the new tires :)

I am thinking about painting my rear wings.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys! as tempting as it may be, and it is, to just cover, mask, tape, and spray, with my luck, ill need to ruch off, for something, and run the risk of &$^&%*& up my attempt for perfection..i think ill just take them off...again, ya'll came through

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
no need for removal just a lot more work, i just masked mine off and shot them with the primer and paint. and then when they needed redone, i didn't even mask them and you could not tell i didn't. to each his own, but no need to turn it into a lot more work for the same result..:bandit:

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
if you really want to get them off the easy way, just follow NCFJ he knows the secret...:lol:

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im all about working smart, not hard, but i dont have a garage that the toy fits in, or else i could do it at night....plus, with texas weather, well, snow one day, 93 the next...thanx again

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Kim, you need to update that signature picture bad.
And get some pics of the new tires :)

I am thinking about painting my rear wings.
Layton, come on down dude! The paint shop is OPEN!

Kim

You are right I need to update my sig pic!:clap: This is the latest pic I have! 285s and blacked out on Mother's Day!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts