Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work today and was rearended by a Pre-runner. I was just starting to go after the light turned green, when an armored truck 3 or 4 cars ahead decided to pull a u-turn and so of course we all brake, except the guy behind me...

I can't SEE any damage, my rear door opens and closes no prob. His Toy looks like it was punched in the grill by my spare. Got his insurance info and all, but any thoughts on getting it checked out? Obviously neither of us were travelling very fast, as we both were originally stopped for the light.

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If he hit your spare, the door could be dented or bent...too bad he didn't take the rear bumper out, ARB and Exp 1 bumpers are sweet! lol

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
X2... have it checked out. If something is wrong it will be paid for... if you figure it out a year or so down the road it comes out of your pocket.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
If he hit your spare, the door could be dented or bent...too bad he didn't take the rear bumper out, ARB and Exp 1 bumpers are sweet! lol

How does that work? With any accident I've been involved in where damage occurs, my Insurance company always replaces w/factory parts. How do you go about having them cut a check? I want to be ready for that juuuuuust in case.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
The repair companies will work with you. They will get paid by the insurance company for OEM parts and you will have to pay the difference but it will be cheaper than if you just bought it straight out. That's how I got my Demallo front bumper. A lot of others have done it as well.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I hate to hear about Toyota on Toyota hate crimes..........hope you get it all worked out.
Tell me about it! This happened to be the first Pre I have ever seen too...nice lookin' truck.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I cannot believe the guy that hit you had insurance!!! That never happens to me, I always get hit by the deadbeat loser. Definitely get it checked, thats what those highway robbers called insurance companies are for. :)

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cannot believe the guy that hit you had insurance!!! That never happens to me, I always get hit by the deadbeat loser. Definitely get it checked, thats what those highway robbers called insurance companies are for. :)
Assuming the info I got from him is valid and accurate anyway...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts