Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Toyota here in U.A.E is recalling FJ's model 2012-2014 with dual fuel tanks.
The breather/tubes between the tanks runs too close to the exhaust and can leak
and start a fire.
Will most likely only happen if running high rev with low speed, e.g driving in desert.
Was looking under my 2013 with dual tanks, but could not find the problem area, anyone?

:flame:

·
Registered
832 Posts
I checked mine, I'm good.... lol.
FJ being a prefix for other models, it could be for something else.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
148 Posts
Only with hard rear springs..lol Could you imagine another 19 gallons of gas I would only have to stop for gas once a week

hard rear springs?

okay..

yeah, currently 19 gallons only gets me so far :( and it seems to be an epic pain to fill up, the pump stops and I usually get another 3 gallons in .2 gallons at a time, shaking and waiting for the fuel to filter down, is that normal?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
35,941 Posts
If you are in the U.S. there isn't much for an option of dual tanks. Man a fre made one, Longranger (or something like that) makes one and brings it in from Austrailia in 2 sizes, and there have been a couple of custom tanks built. FJs in other countries can get the stock tank the O.P. mentions but it doesn't look like it would be an easy addition to the U.S. FJ if you could even get a hold of one.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...825-oe-toyota-auxiliary-fuel-tank-instal.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts