Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our family of 4 on a 10 day vacation...

To level-out the FJ, with all that weight on the hitch...
air-lift springs inside of the FJ's rear coils.., Air Lift Company

To the OP, we obviously get by with the hitch basket, but I'd be more satisfied with an off-road trailer. An off-road trailer is on my wish list, but trailer storage is presently a problem.

So, the heavy duty hitch basket has served us well.

:cheers:
At that point a trailer would definitively be better. An alternative would also be a roof basket to break up the concentration of the load. I think I'd go for that before going for air lifts personally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a custom rack for the trailer hitch. It folds back and down so you can open the back door. I also add a reciever on the aft of the rack to receive my bike rack. The storage box comes off and I can replace it with a giant cooler. Works pretty good, but a trailer is in the works.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Here is a custom rack for the trailer hitch. It folds back and down so you can open the back door. I also add a reciever on the aft of the rack to receive my bike rack. The storage box comes off and I can replace it with a giant cooler. Works pretty good, but a trailer is in the works.
That is friggin awesome... I'm going to have to build one

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Air bags are a great solution. I have Firestones in my 08 Chevy Pickup.
With all my tools & fuel it weighs in @ 9,800 LBS. Then I put my mini ex or skidder on a trailer & it sags big time.
I know i'm overloaded at times & a sagging truck is an easy eye catcher for state patrol.

I love it when guys tell me how "tuff that Chevy is" because it never sags with a load on….lol a few know whats up but most have no clue.

Yes, I love my Fj too!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts