Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After painful visits to my dealership where I bought my FJ (South Coast Toyota), I've decided not to take my FJ there for maintenance. Can anyone recommend a shop or even dealership that does honest work? I'm around the 605 and the 91, but will travel for good service.

Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Anthony

·
Registered
306 Posts
After painful visits to my dealership where I bought my FJ (South Coast Toyota), I've decided not to take my FJ there for maintenance. Can anyone recommend a shop or even dealership that does honest work? I'm around the 605 and the 91, but will travel for good service.

Anthony
Do it yourself. Go buy some Royal Purple or Redline and a good oil filter. There are a lot of good threads on the forum about oil changes.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
X2 do it ur self.get to know the car.:rocker:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on doing other ones myself, but right now I don't have the place or time to do it.

I agree with the Royal Purple, I've used it in my other cars and its good stuff!

Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Try your garage. Knowing what went in and came out is much more rewarding and just costs you about a half hour of your time.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am technologically challenged so I take my FJ (and wife's Prius) to Elmore Toyota in Westminster. They do a decent job, offer specials on basic services and seem reasonable on price.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
DO NOT GO TO ELMORE TOYOTA!!!!!!! There are many, many cases of lawsuits they have lost for ripping off customers...again, DO NOT GO TO ELMORE TOYOTA!!!!

Now, I just went to Toyota Central (Garden Grove, off of Magnolia and Trask). I had a bunch of stuff done there, and they treated me right. Try them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Penske Toyota in Downey is pretty good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
DO NOT GO TO ELMORE TOYOTA!!!!!!! There are many, many cases of lawsuits they have lost for ripping off customers...again, DO NOT GO TO ELMORE TOYOTA!!!!

Now, I just went to Toyota Central (Garden Grove, off of Magnolia and Trask). I had a bunch of stuff done there, and they treated me right. Try them.
FJ Dave,

Thanks for the heads up! I have not had any problems yet, but don't want any either in the future!

·
Registered
693 Posts

Anthony
NEVER, EVER, EVER, trust a dealership to take care of your vehicle unless it is absolutely necessary. I am sure their are a handful of good (and honest) mechanics out there, but the vast majority are thieving a$$holes. Do it yourself or make friends with a forum member (who knows their stuff) nearby. I will NEVER trust any dealership after the shi* I have experienced. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Gosh. I was always happy with South Coast Jeep/Isuzu down in Costa Mesa. I would think that SCT would offer the same quality. You can come to my house and I can help out. Royal Purple is really good. I am in the Huntington beach/Westminster area. HB toyota is good. I have always been happy there.

WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY AWAY FROM ELMORE TOYOTA! THEY ARE CROOKS. NO NEED TO TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM:lol:

GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i've been always happy with south coast toyota... they always treat me right... but it sure helps to know the service tech and mechanic... =)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you haven't done your oil change yet and don't mind driving to Chino Hills I will be more than glad to help you out. Just let me know. I have an Auto Zone and Pep Boys close by so we can even go get the supplies there if you don't want to carry the supplies that far with you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for everyones suggestions!

FJamming - you got me thinking about the topside oil changer.. I'll have to look more into it for future oil changes.

Also thanks for the invites for a place to do the oil change at (AceTechno/1SIKFJC). Thanks for the offers!!!

I ended up planning an afternoon at a friends house to do the oil change this weekend.

With that all said, I still would like to have a place to go to if I'm in a rush and need to have my oil changed. If anyone has a trusty mechanic that is in the 562/714 area code that is open on the weekends, I'd definitely be interested. (Not a quicklube place)

Thanks again! :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts