Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - I've had my truck for about a month now - thanks to all the contributors on this site, it's a great place to read and learn. I'm looking for some roof rack (stock) tie downs. Any recommendations you can suggest?

I'm looking for something that I can keep in the truck, or mounted to the rack. Nothing specific - if I pick up something at the hardware store and throw it on the roof, or in the spirit of the season - say a Christmas tree on the roof.

Maybe something with hooks that will fit the diameter of the rack frame and ratchets. Gobi looks like they might have something but the website links aren't working for accessories right now.

Anyone buy anything they'd recommend?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
786 Posts
I’ve used cam straps like these to secure loads on roof racks for years. I once tied six kayaks to my 4Runner and drove several hours at highway speeds for a river trip. No worries

Keeper 85243 8' x 1" Lashing Strap, 2 Pack Amazon.com: Keeper 85243 8' x 1" Lashing Strap, 2 Pack: Automotive

they come in various lengths and you can even get them with rubber covers or webbing to protect your load from the metal buckles 👌🏼
Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can use ratchet straps as long as the strap on the ratchet side is long enough to loop back on itself. I found these at Home Depot. Looping it like this allows you to leave it slack while you go around to the ratchet side. Then as you pull it will tighten up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts