Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to switch EVERYTHING ( MT, Diffs, TC) over to Redline lubricants.
Can someone tell me exactly which products to go with?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I use 75W90 NS for the MT6, I use 75W90 in the diffs and transfer case and 5W30 for the engine.

Prices vary 3rracing in Denver has it all, JEGS does free shipping and good prices.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks
All my fluids are Redline Synthetics...If you go to dirtyparts.com and talk to Larry (aka forum handle: cruiserlarry)...He'll hook you up with the fluids and tell you which ones...I'm not running reg. diff. fluid in my diffs...I'm running Redlines heavy gear shockproof oil...It acts at the reg. viscosity in normal driving conditions, but if you're in loose terrain and the wheels break looks it thickens proportionately to the amount of heat build up in the diff...So, it acts as a cushion on the gears....All the fluids ran me about $200 shipped (but I ordered extra so it was probably more like $170 shipped)...I noticed a difference in the tranny off the get go...Redline is a very, very good product and I'm def. sticking with them from here on out...If you are changing out the diff. fluids, I suggest ordering a flush magnetic plug for the front and rear diffs. from All pro...They are $4.00 ea, and worth it...They were available when I did my fluid change, but am def. going to be getting them to use when I do my 30k mile fluid swap...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks
Check out Myoilshop.com, give them a call and they'll advise you on which fluids to use where. I have yet to find another vendor who can beat their prices.

·
Registered
260 Posts
for my b day i bought myself 2 quarts red line 75 90 mt-90 tranny fluid. it's recomended for toyotas. we will see how the install goes heard it's not easy. gotta do it right. smoother shifts this time.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yesterday at the HS hobby shop I changed the tranny fluid over to red line. First time so it took me a couple hours. Pretty simple prodedure but not the easiest thing. In the manuel it said 1.8 quarts since I had nothing to measure it with I estamated so it could be little bit short. Didn't want to overflow the transmission. As a result smoother shifts and little more pop. Recomended for anyone out there into that stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts