Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi FJ Summit organizers

I am registered for the upcoming Summit. Unfortunately I cannot make it now and am requesting you consider refunding my fees.

Had sent emails for the past several days to the contact email on your FJ Summit site. Have not heard anything back as yet.

Will appreciate if you could acknowledge my request and get back to me.

Thanks in advance
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
I am registered for the upcoming Summit. Unfortunately I cannot make it now and am requesting you consider refunding my fees.

Had sent emails for the past several days to the contact email on your FJ Summit site. Have not heard anything back as yet.
Tagging @Woodsman as he's a Summit director, he doesn't typically deal with registration issues but he can notify the people who do.

How early did you request cancellation? I'm not sure if they typically give refunds this late, even if they did try to give your spot to somebody else on the wait list it's pretty hard for those people to find lodging at this point. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
Also FYI you posted this in the 2017 Summit forum...

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would love to register. I'm going to be there anyways and feel like I need to pay like everyone else. Can I register? No one responds to me.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,026 Posts
They usually have a waiting list that they fill spots from when people drop out.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I am also canceling, no need for a refund.

I also have a room at the Quality Inn that I will canceling this evening. Truck is broken and not going to be able to get it fixed in time. Very unhappy about this, as I have done all 12. But want someone that needs a local room to get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You FJ Summit (Ty Boyack)

Your response was prompt and considerate. Very much appreciated.

Everyone ride safe. Hopefully will make it next year.

Regards
Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
They usually have a waiting list that they fill spots from when people drop out.
I am on the waiting list, but the issue is a little different I think. Most are waiting for a chance to go, I will be there anyways even if I am not registered. I would like to pay the registration so i don't feel like I'm "getting in for free".

If there is a way for anyone to get this done, please let me know....otherwise see you guys there.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
I am on the waiting list, but the issue is a little different I think. Most are waiting for a chance to go, I will be there anyways even if I am not registered. I would like to pay the registration so i don't feel like I'm "getting in for free".

If there is a way for anyone to get this done, please let me know....otherwise see you guys there.
The event sells out in less than a minute each year, for the rest they manage a waitlist and let people in as space opens up. There's no way for you to register at this point. I think this year's headcount is somewhere around 350 trucks?

What you receive as a registered / paid attendee of Summit: dinner for 3 nights, a bunch of swag at registration, and 3 days of trail runs. So as long as you don't stand in the dinner line (they check your badge), take any swag or follow a Summit group on their trail runs (as trail leaders we have a list of who's on our runs) then you're good.

Ouray is a town like any other, the vendors all take over a public street. The trails we drive on are public roads, open to everybody. So don't feel guilty about walking around Summit HQ, talking to the vendors or driving on the trails. I'd expect the trails to be crowded :) but beyond that you're totally fine. Please don't feel unwelcome because you're not a paid attendee, as long as you don't expect dinner / swag / trail leading.

If you are going to be there a few days early, I'll be doing pre-runs all week and always welcome anyone who wants to come along. We typically meet in the hot springs parking lot (north end of town) each day at 9AM. Or you can PM me here and I'll send you my Facebook contact info.

For comms during the week we'll be on HAM 146.460, FRS Channel 7 (462.7125 MHz) or CB 7.

(Edit: for future reference, for anyone who reads this and says ^^^ "I'll never register for Summit and just show up for free", if your main interest is the trails it's actually a less-than-optimal time to run trails. 350+ registered trucks make the trails in the area very crowded, and the flow of the groups creates traffic patterns that aren't there at other times. you can run the trails much more quickly every other week :). the main reason to come unregistered to Summit is because you didn't make registration and you want to see the large number of vehicles, the people from all over the country, talk to vendors etc. if you'd like to run the trails, again, they're public roads and nobody can stop you. but for just trail driving it's either more fun with an official group for the camaraderie, or in August when none of us are there :) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts