Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what does the $160 registation fee pay for? It seems like a lot, but if it is pays for a lot and is worth the price, then i'd be happy to pay for it.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
unless they change it up this year...
* Catered meals on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings
* A 'goodie bag' with neato stuff
* An FJ Summit t-shirt
* Other things I'm forgetting
* The best event with the greatest organization and the coolest participants in one of the most beautiful places in the world. :cheers:

If you're looking for a precise dollar-for-dollar expense tracker, I can't help, and if it matters that much, you might be better off saving the money, and putting it toward your cable bill (I mean, you can see all kinds of great places on there, and never have to pay anything or go anywhere), but from my perspective (this will be my fifth Summit), it's definitely worth it. :bigthumb:

That's the thing though, it's all subjective.
However, I bet, if they did a survey, the ones that agree with me (on this question) would in the 90%+ area.

Probably more so than the registration fee, I would want to know if it's worth spending the money on gas to drive to the Ouray from where I'm coming from .....a much larger amount of money, for sure.

I hope you make the journey, and I hope you end up agreeing that it's worth it. I'll check back here after the Summit to find out... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
and don't forget about the "free" raffle ticket! That is what pushed me to sign up!!!:rofl:
Jax':wave:

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
i believe it also pays the off road fees to use the trails and coordination with the local authorities to bring in a massive amount of vehicles into the town.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
All of the above plus insurance.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
i believe it also pays the off road fees to use the trails and coordination with the local authorities to bring in a massive amount of vehicles into the town.
I don't think there is any sort of fee to use the roads for the trail runs, and although the FJ Summit does indeed make substantial donations to local authorities and organizations each year, I don't think there's any sort of 'fee' in that regard.

All of the above plus insurance.
I thought about mentioning insurance that you guys have to cover, but I wasn't sure if the fees pay for that directly or what. So, I figured I'd leave that part to you. :bigthumb:

No sticker? :(
Doh....I forgot....yes, we get a sticker that is supposed to be placed on the windshield in order to gain entrance to the trail runs each day (not that it's always inspected by the trail leaders).

...and the 'goodie bag' contains lots of other stickers.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Thought I would add that the schwag bag is not a plastic bag of stuff. Surprises are good...

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Also the grill badge.
Oh yeah.

You can see three of mine to the left of the 'TOYOTA' on my grill...
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Doh....I forgot....yes, we get a sticker that is supposed to be placed on the windshield in order to gain entrance to the trail runs each day (not that it's always inspected by the trail leaders).

...and the 'goodie bag' contains lots of other stickers.
Windshield huh? I already have a spot for it on my rear window. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I think I recall them telling us to put it on the upper such-n-such corner of the windshield or something like that, but they're not very [email protected]$$ about it.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the info! I registered last night so i'll see you all there!!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
They also donate a good deal to locale charities and first responders.
Yep. That's what I meant when I said "authorities and organizations". :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
looking forward to the summit, i've been registered for a little while, but do have a few questions.

Heard raffle is Saturday? what kinda stuff do they raffle off?
Heard for the raffle - must be present to win?
Heard they have meetings (stuff like "new to off road", "how to winch", "how to install CB"...) is that true? we can all learn stuff - even us old folks :)
trail groups limited to about 10 vehicle per?
whats a typical day like?

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Glad you're making the trip
The raffle is a big deal. Lots of good prizes including a supercharger, bumpers, sliders, just to mention a few things
Things that you heard are correct.
About 10 limit to trail runs.
You do need to be present at the raffle.
There are classes to learn stuff
Typical days are wake up, go in a trail run, go to the best western and get food while milling around the big top, looking over the vendor exhibits, meet folks, wander around the beautiful town of Ouray.

I look forward to meeting you
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. My Wife and I are SOOOOO looking forward to the getting out, we've needed a vacation for years. Being retired military we used to use the travel between assignments as our vacation time. I retired from the Air Force 20 years ago, we haven't had a real vacation in that time.

I was station for 5 years in Anchorage Ak, (had an FJ40 up their). I hear Colorado is a lot like Alaska, just not as remote.

Sounds like the raffle just makes a great outing even better.

Looking forward to meeting you as well. I've volunteered to help with registration early on the first day. thought it would be a good way to contribute AND meet people.

See ya their!!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
BTW i really do know the difference in There, Their and they're. It's something I do to people I know to get them riled up. then it gets to be a habit and I forget to mind my Ps&Qs.

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Since we all are not in school, I don't get hung up on misuse of words, a long as I know what the intent is:).
Volunteering is a really good way to get to know people and is just really nice of you, especially since it's your first year. I guess I am considered a veteran. This will be our 5th summit . We missed one during the bad economic time.
Make sure you do some historical stuff in the town. There is a cool little museum, that will give you a pretty good picture of the his history.
Look me up, the first one is on me :cheers:
thanks
Don

1 - 20 of 27 Posts