Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Are the New Mexico wildfires in the area of the TOTH? I know both are in Lincoln County. :flame: Would the event go forward if it gets burned over?

·
Supporting Vendor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Are the New Mexico wildfires in the area of the TOTH? I know both are in Lincoln County. :flame: Would the event go forward if it gets burned over?
The fires are not in the area that we will be going. We had a few of our runs last year in burn areas from a fire earlier last year. Our monsoon season usually hits us around the July and August months which bring a lot of much needed rain our way. Historically the forest has never been closed during those months. Keep our fingers crossed that we get those monsoon rains!!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
You going, Will?
I don't know yet. I'd like to. I like NM alot, although I've never spent any time around Ruidoso or Cloudcroft. September 1 is too far out on my calendar to plan anything yet though. But it's on my radar. I don't know what I'm doing after the Summit - that's as far out as I've planned anything.

·
Premium Member
16,363 Posts
We need some monsoon rains, these fires in southern NM need all the help they can get.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I don't know yet. I'd like to. I like NM alot, although I've never spent any time around Ruidoso or Cloudcroft. September 1 is too far out on my calendar to plan anything yet though. But it's on my radar. I don't know what I'm doing after the Summit - that's as far out as I've planned anything.
It is a fun event. Sean and I are going again. It will be my third time.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Some enchiladas "Christmas" style sound pretty good right about now, con una cerveza fria. I'm not getting that in New Orleans! :bandit:

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I CAN'T believe I just now learned about this since I live in NM. I will be there for sure. Just had my stage 2 lift installed and this seems like a perfect way to test it out.

Is it ok to bring kids? I have an 8yr old.

Can't wait!!!!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
559 Posts
Astro7174,
This is probably the most kid friendly FJ event around. Lots of kids (boys and girls) attend with their parents. My son is now eleven and has been attending with me for all the previous years and he always has a blast. Usually there are some kid activities on Saturday nite.
I do think this is the best FJ event in the nation. Just the right size of event that you get to know the other drivers and their families. Amazing raffle, variety of trails and lots of tech talk for owners. Highly modified to stock.
Hope to see you and your family there.

Tomas
Santa Fe

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Registered & Paid Today :clap:

Me and my wife will see you there. :wave:

:cheers:

Q

·
Supporting Vendor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Kids are welcome only if they have a big smile on their face when they get there! Ha. I would say we have around 20 or more kids that come with their parents every year. I know my daughters love the event and are already counting down the days to the event.

Archie, I can't agree with you more. Are in some desperate needs of rain. Come on monsoon rains! Any day now they should be arriving!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thanks for the replies. We registered and are so excited to go to our first TOTH event.

See you all there!!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Just registered! This looks to be fun! :clap:

This has been a great four wheeling year. Trips to Superlift in Hot Springs. A week in Utah. I'm doing the Summit and now TOTH. And that's just to September! I believe I'm doing an event at Marble Falls, TX, in October. Man, I have a great boss - oh wait, that's me!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Just registered! This looks to be fun! :clap:

This has been a great four wheeling year. Trips to Superlift in Hot Springs. A week in Utah. I'm doing the Summit and now TOTH. And that's just to September! I believe I'm doing an event at Marble Falls, TX, in October. Man, I have a great boss - oh wait, that's me!
Finally got around to registering today. See you there, Will (or it sounds like we may convoy). Wilson, you in on a convoy?

41 - 60 of 134 Posts