Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Thanks again for your help on the trail. I guess it's time for me to start carrying tools again and spare parts, even for easy trails. :lol:
At 60mph?

rental this year?

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Look at how beautiful those pix are! Damn you Hurricane Issac (which has now come back into the Gulf and is trying to reform). In retrospect, I should have gone to TOTH, even with the storm. All I did in New Orleans was suffer in the heat. :flame:

·
Premium Member
16,451 Posts
I had a great time at the TOTH and it was nice meeting old & new friends. Thanks to Brandon and his posse for putting on a great event. :cheers:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had a great time, again at TOTH, saw old friends, meet new ones and won some cool stuff finally.
Thanks Brandon and crew for another great TOTH
My pictures http://sdrv.ms/OW5SGf

·
Registered
728 Posts
Kai - what broke and made the tow truck was neccessary?
Wheel bearing
I had a strange rattle noise at the event and pulled the tire the morning we headed home. I found the caliper pins & springs missing so I used tent pegs to hold it together. My brakes also didn't feel right. I got home and replaced the pins but still had a vibration. I took the FJ to a friends Toyota shop and got it on the lift. Front wheel wobbled when grabbed and wiggled.
He said it was Toyota dealership repair item because he didn't have the Toyota specify tool. I was loaded up to head out across NM/AZ so I had to get home to unload before going to Toyota. On the way home there was a big clunk noise so I called a wrecker to meet me at home & tow it off.
Should have it back today and best part my 100k mile warranty covered it all with 1850 miles left on the warranty.

·
Premium Member
16,451 Posts
Wheel bearing
I had a strange rattle noise at the event and pulled the tire the morning we headed home. I found the caliper pins & springs missing so I used tent pegs to hold it together. My brakes also didn't feel right. I got home and replaced the pins but still had a vibration. I took the FJ to a friends Toyota shop and got it on the lift. Front wheel wobbled when grabbed and wiggled.
He said it was Toyota dealership repair item because he didn't have the Toyota specify tool. I was loaded up to head out across NM/AZ so I had to get home to unload before going to Toyota. On the way home there was a big clunk noise so I called a wrecker to meet me at home & tow it off.
Should have it back today and best part my 100k mile warranty covered it all with 1850 miles left on the warranty.
Glad to hear that the 100k warranty covered the repairs. :cheers:

·
Supporting Vendor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Thank you all for coming out to the event! It was a blast. (Beer bomb in all) Ha. It was awesome to get to meet you all. Put it on your calendars now, Labor Day Weekend, 2013!!

121 - 134 of 134 Posts