Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Trying to register... I keep getting an error message. I want tolook at trails and register now. Hello CO and FJs from everywhere
Can you send an email with the error message you are getting to [email protected]

Someone should be able to see what is going on and get it fixed, or at least tell you what is going on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
DONE see you guys in July

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Registered! woot!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Great:rocker:Can someone give me some idea of moderate trails to do for the 1st time Summit, long time wheeler.:cheers:
Sponge Bob,
All the trails were a blast! Almost everyday we had a fully bone stock FJ in our group--and no one ever had a problem!

I skipped out on Black Bear last year because everyone posted that it was hairy. I regretted that move! I registered for Black Bear on DAY ONE! :clap:

The scenery is unbelievable and unforgettable! The MetalTech party, however, is simply hard to remember.........(something about a lot of free-flowing barley pop....) :bigthumb:

Great family event--loads of kids--loads of talkin'--and as Sponge Bob would say--loads of F * U * N !!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
You will have no problem with any of the trails at summit.

The draw is the scenery and comraderie.
So blackbear pass in a stock tt is good to go? How bad is the blackbear pass as I will have my 10 year old son with me and do not want to put his life in danger and we want to have a thrilling time...:bigthumb:Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Black Bear Pass is NOT necessarily a "must do". It is not even the best of Ouray in my opinion. On a sunny day its relatively easy, but when conditions are bad it could be more than some may want to take on. I skipped it my first year. And rode shotgun with an experienced friend (thanks JimD) before doing it myself. I was a trail leader on it last year.

Yes, dropping into Telluride is breathtaking and yes the consequences of making a dumb mistake could kill you. And, BTW, there are steep and dangerous drops on all trails. Sober and cautious is a good way to proceed. Go with a group, understand your vehicle, get out and look, and ask for a spotter when you need it. Ask questions, learn from others and enjoy the ride!

If you are less experienced wheeling take on the Alpine loop ( a "must do" in my opinion)", Corkscrew/California Gulch, Imogene (my favorite). Plenty of challenges and fantastic experience of a lifetime for you and your son. :wave:

BTW Stock tt is good to go. Just be sure the driver is good to go!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
^^ X2 of the comments by the T2Meister!

NoPower, you will be able to handle anything in Ouray. With the BFG T/A's that come on the TT, your tires are so much better than any of the other stock tires that come on FJ's. I watched a bunch of stock FJ's with the crappy Dunlops power right through everything Ouray had to offer last year.

Only 5 months to go!!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
One point of note. Yes a stock vehicle can do anything, but don't let this keep the people looking for a challenge away. There are things that are plenty challenging, but they are always optional, or on optional runs.

Lastly, just because it is easy at times, don't be stupid. Stupid is fine in some areas where the worst that's going to happen is flopping into a tree. Ouray is a bit less forgiving in that regard. ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
:redblob:WOO HOO:blueblob: just registered. See you all in July:wave:
No Power are you driving your rig out? Maybe we can meet up on the way??

My friend is re-building his rig and has a large trailer. We're planning to drive out next year and take a couple weeks. But if you are driving maybe we'll just take the FJ this year and leave his ZJ home??

me

·
Registered
274 Posts
No Power are you driving your rig out? Maybe we can meet up on the way??

My friend is re-building his rig and has a large trailer. We're planning to drive out next year and take a couple weeks. But if you are driving maybe we'll just take the FJ this year and leave his ZJ home??

me
Yes we are driving out. Maybe we could meet up in Kansas???

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rick and Rick (my son) are in!!! Can't wait to see everyone again. Rick is looking forward to some wheeltime...we'll see:rofl::rofl::rofl: Any word on what new trails will be added?? (Governor Basin? Poughkeepsie Gulch?)

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Man! I am sooo disappointed....I have a business trip I have to attend during the Summit.......A new FJ owner wanting so badly to go....how disappointing....well, I will definitely schedule time off for the next Summit....come hell or high water....

:flame:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My cabin is only 3-4 hours away! Wold like to go but I may have to be in England for work. Dates are not firmed up. When does registration close?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Year four here we come!!!!!
See ya in Telluride for a fourth time! Seems that we always cross paths there. Dragging the trailer to Ouray again. I hope to be up there a bit early again. Had fun last year stuffing bags and eating pizza. Then watched convoys roll in all day.

I could ground the aircraft so your wife doesn't have to work those days.:lol: No, wouldn't do that. If the aircraft are down I'd have to work... not claiming vacation, just taking time away. And that would just be wrong.

It's nice living 3 hours away from Ouray, yes? Many weekends off I'm up there camping. This is why I took a job here. It is in my will that our ashes are to be buried near the Imogene pass trail.

How's the studying going? Ready to take your ham test soon? Always here if you need anything.

B

21 - 40 of 103 Posts