Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
My wife and I adopted a puppy about a week or so ago. Unfortunately it appears that I’m allergic so we aren’t going to be able to keep her. We adopted her from the local Humane Society and we really don’t want her to go back there, however that is our “plan b” if we can’t find her a home.

She is approx 10-12 weeks old. She was advertised as a hound mix, but with a lot of googling my wife and I have come to the conclusion she is a Beagle/Rat Terrier mix. Best guess. She’s very loving and likes crawling in our laps to sleep. We’ve started crate training and potty training. Both are going good. She goes in her crate, sometimes with the help of a treat or two and she stays in there fine. She’ll cry for a second and then settle down. In the week we’ve had her she’s only had two accidents in the house. One was her first night here, which I would equate to nerves/anxiety. The other was from over excitement. She is currently about 12 lbs and I assume she’ll be a small to medium size dog, maybe about beagle size.

We are located in Louisville, KY. I’d be willing to drive to meet within reason. I would probably drive as much as 3-4 hrs if I had to. I’m not looking to “sell” her or recover the adoption fees or anything. We just want her to have a good home. We have food, treats, toys, bowls, bed, and a crate that would come with her. She is up to date on shots. She was spayed by the humane society.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to reach out and we’ll discuss logistics. She’ll likely have to go back to the humane society this week if we don’t find her a home. So let me know if you’re able to help.

The best way to reach me is PM on here or you can email me. [email protected]

If you have any questions or anything, let me know. And I’m posting from my phone, so sorry if the pics are sideways. :smile

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
re: Puppy - Looking to rehome **rehomed**

Puppy has a new home now!

·
Registered
196 Posts
re: Puppy - Looking to rehome **rehomed**

Looks a whole lot my rescue from Alabama. We had a DNA test done and he is basically a red hair blue tick Coonhound. I don't see a lot of the color ticks in your pictures but ours got more as he got older. He will be 2 in October. He was a handful for about 1.5 years but he is getting pretty good now.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.