Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FJ release date, widely reported to be in "February '06" or "Early '06," is now being listed as "Spring '06". (according to a recent Toyota press release)

I hope the FJ's release date is not inching back the way Highlander Hybrid did. I ordered an HH in early '05 as my in-town car. First I was told "February", then "Spring", then "June." It finally shipped in August. By then I had already cancelled and shopped elsewhere.

I really want an FJ, but I absolutely must have an offroad vehicle by March for my work. I can't keep retooling my timing and buying strategies for wishy-washy release dates.

Let's hope they get it right this time. Otherwise, I may be driving an Xterra, Liberty, or H3.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I feel your pain,
My dealer is still firm about Feb/March delivery.
I'm hoping its just a case of people considering March as Spring, not Spring as in May.

Also, I believe that some parts of the country may take delivery before other parts, its about supply and demand. The cities with higher volume of sales will get deliveries long before a small dealership in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fireice said:
Don't leave out a Range Rover.
Well, the RR is out my price range, and I certainly wouldn't want to put a rig that expensive through my daily abuse.

If you're speaking of the more affordable Freelander, I'm wary- there have been some bad reviews.

I really REALLY want the FJs to arrive in time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts