Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a remote start? I've been considering it. I have it on my city cars. Epically nice when your covered in snow, I have a Viper alarm system that also locks the doors I was thinking it might have the ability to attach to this system.

·
Premium Member
11,784 Posts
I have been running a Compustar since day 1 (nearly 14 years now) still works like a dream.

Would need to know what model number you have for the Viper to check if you can add /activate a remote start to it.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7345v on the back of the fob

·
Registered
143 Posts
+1 on the Compustar with remote start. Had mine installed a couple years ago and it paid for itself the first time I fired it up from bed.

I'm getting some audio and other electrical work done in the next couple weeks and will have Drone mobile added at that point. I was trying to remote start it the other day as I was snowboarding down the mountain and the cold was making the remote fob read low on battery. Next time I'll be able to just use my phone while I'm on the lift to start it.

Don't judge me...😶

·
Premium Member
11,784 Posts
I have the drone in my Lexus and it is fantastic. Just been to lazy to get to my installer to have the drone added to the FJ.

The 7345V is the 2 way remote for the Responder 350 security system - from what I can tell you can't add the remote start feature to it. I would have that double checked though.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fob has an auxiliary option

1 - 6 of 6 Posts