Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
200 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2008 FJ have an immobilizer ?
What kind of Remote Start are you looking at? I went with the 12VoltSolutions. I believe they have one for the immobilizer versions. I installed mine. It was Very easy. Took about 30 minutes. I even found a discount code on the web which saved me $50! Very impressed with their service and installation videos. Check them out.

Reactions: NyNomad

·
Registered
2007 FJ Base
150 Posts
Same here, 12volt solutions. Only three issues with mine. I have to unlock-start-lock or the alarm will go off. And the two way remote stops flashing after 15 minutes but my vehicle runs for 20. 12 volt solutions said it was incorrect and to send it back for warranty
Last issue, they said is normal, my lights do not turn off on their own anymore. I cannot leave my lights on or they'll stay on after sitting off the vehicle.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
What kind of Remote Start are you looking at? I went with the 12VoltSolutions. I believe they have one for the immobilizer versions. I installed mine. It was Very easy. Took about 30 minutes. I even found a discount code on the web which saved me $50! Very impressed with their service and installation videos. Check them out.
You have a 07, right? How did your installation go? I've read some conflicting information about how plug and play it actually is. Also, did your FJC have factory keyless entry? Mine doesn't, and in trying to figure out if I can use a aftermarket remote starter system for keyless on my FJC

·
Registered
2007 FJ Base
150 Posts
@Ryan Jay it is an 07. It has factory keyless and factory alarm. It was and play, the instructions were horrible for someone like me. I watched the videos as I was installing so I got hung up on the "secondary ignition harness" it is the immobilizer t harness. If I would have watched the whole video before I started it wouldn't have been an issue. I was pausing the video and connecting the harnesses in order so when they got to the secondary ignition and I could not locate it (and the immobilizer was out of the screen shot on the video) I did a lot of searching for the vehicle side harness and looking on the internet for a "secondary ignition" which does not exist. Now that I've installed one, I am confident I could do it in half an hour. As far as the keyless question, I'm sure you have it. You have power locks and a lock button correct? You press it and it locks/unlocks all the doors? If there's a question, look under the lock panel. There are two plugs that go to the driver door. A tan one and a white one. The white one is the power door locks.

·
Registered
2007 FJ Base
150 Posts
Correction, headlights do turn themselves off. I just had to sit and wait for a minute. They do not turn off like the factory did, with 2 presses of the lock on the remote, but after a minute or so, they do. So I guess the only quirky thing is I have to unlock-start-lock so my alarm doesn't go off. I'm sure if I hit the alarm off button on the dash (for sleeping inside) it would function, but I want my factory alarm to "keep" people out of it. And the feedback on the two way remote shows it off after 15 minutes but it runs for 20.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
200 Posts
You have a 07, right? How did your installation go? I've read some conflicting information about how plug and play it actually is. Also, did your FJC have factory keyless entry? Mine doesn't, and in trying to figure out if I can use a aftermarket remote starter system for keyless on my FJC
I had really no real problem doing the installation. Except for getting my fat self onto the floorboard. As always... Mine does have key-less entry so I don't know wit that will do for yours. They may have a version which excludes it. I do know they have both the keyed immobilizer and without. Mine didn't have it. Evey if yours does, it's simple. Just another plug to plug up. Look for the online discount code. I saved $50 by finding one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had really no real problem doing the installation. Except for getting my fat self onto the floorboard. As always... Mine does have key-less entry so I don't know wit that will do for yours. They may have a version which excludes it. I do know they have both the keyed immobilizer and without. Mine didn't have it. Evey if yours does, it's simple. Just another plug to plug up. Look for the online discount code. I saved $50 by finding one.
So is the safest option 12volt solutions then? I'm hearing a lot of conflicting answers. Can the plug and play cause issues in the future with oem plugs or no?

·
Registered
2007 FJ Base
150 Posts
So is the safest option 12volt solutions then? I'm hearing a lot of conflicting answers. Can the plug and play cause issues in the future with oem plugs or no?
Knowing the problems with it, for the price, I would buy again. I would prefer that the issues were corrected, but it still starts my vehicle, from a great distance and thru many obstructions, and it's warm when I get to it. So, I'm satisfied but not thrilled.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good tip on the discount code.

I don't have a immobilizer, nor a factory key fob. But it does have power locks. Hopefully they can help me out with a solution.

Thanks for the feed back though, I might go this route when the time comes.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
3,812 Posts
After almost 15yrs I finally did the Google searching, found the 12volt Solutions kit and ponied up to ordered it. I didn't go crazy with the smartphone app, just the long range. I don't have a garage so I'm overly excited not having to go outside to start/warm up the "The Old Man". Hopefully the install will go as easy as the YouTube video shows and it will work flawlessly!

·
Registered
7 Posts
After almost 15yrs I finally did the Google searching, found the 12volt.S and ponied up to ordered it. I didn't go crazy with the smartphone app, just the long range. I don't have a garage so I'm overly excited not having to go outside to start/warm up the "The Old Man". Hopefully the install will go as easy as the YouTube video shows and it will work flawlessly!
What FJ do you have? I have a 2010 Trail Teams, and for some reason, the module does not want to program correctly. Did you have any issues programing it?

·
fka BLACK HAWK
3,812 Posts
What FJ do you have? I have a 2010 Trail Teams, and for some reason, the module does not want to program correctly. Did you have any issues programing it?
2008. I didn't have any issues. as I was installing the kit I had their video open and followed along step by step.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts