Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to remove the headrests in my new to me 2011 FJ. One came off with no problem but the other side won't budge. In looking at the headrest supports I see one side support is notched and the other is not. I also found the release on the support opening. Problem is that when I inspected the one I was able to remove it appears the headrests were installed on the wrong seat back so that the notch that should be installed in the opening with the release is installed on the other side.

No manner of pulling or prying, even with the release pressed in will free up the headrest. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not sure but there's this,

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
145 Posts
I like Chumley's answer better than mine (Hacksaw). Just kidding, I removed mine for better vision and add them back when adults are sitting there.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
143 Posts
Used to put the passenger side rear headrest in backwards and fold it down towards the back for better visibility out the passenger rear window. I finally just took it out.

Yeah, Chumley has the answer. I used the key to release. A screwdriver would prevent possible damage to the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts