Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i didnt find this how to in the HOW TO's so here is a little write up!!

my left light was pointing a little to the right so i figured hay what the heck im going to try to adjust it.

First you have to remove the turn signals. They are held in place by 3 nuts and a plastic clip, all you have to do is remove the 3 nuts and pull and the light is free!.

Next you must remove the plastic piece below the head light. Just pull from the outermost part and slide sideways away from the light housing.

next there are 3 screws that need to be removed, here are the locations of the screws.

after the screws are removed there is a little clip where the bottom innermost screw was located, just take some needle nose pliars to compress the clip and you now can pull the light housing out.

there are 2 adjustment for the lights one for the up and down adjustments, one for left to right, these can either be adjusted with a flathead screwdriver or by a #8 ratchet.
this plastic piece can be removed to use a ratcher or kept on and lifted up to use a flathead.

the left to right adjustment is the one on the outtermost part of the light

the up and down is the innermost adjustment.

after you adjust them how you want just put the light back on the car and you have done it!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe this should have gone in the how to's thread!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
It's a good writeup with huge detailed pics. :cheers:

Especially the part about adjusting the lights. You can use a long philips screwdriver to get to the up/down gear that you can hardly see. But, it's really good to see it up-close in your pictures. That way you get a better understanding of what has to be done. The headlight adjustment is a rather blind procedure in the FJ.

Here's another thread to show how to adjust the lights... combined with this one... that should clear up any confusion anyone has ever had. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/10695-adjusting-headlights.html

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Thanks Tuskilla

1 - 4 of 4 Posts