Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first summer with the FJ has been fun... and it's showing on it's exterior. I've got some good pin stripes that aren't a big deal, but this past weekend I rubbed up against a tree getting through a tight spot and pushed in a little bit of the driver door right under the window. Just curious if any one has any tips on how to get small dents and dings out?

·
Registered
396 Posts
My first summer with the FJ has been fun... and it's showing on it's exterior. I've got some good pin stripes that aren't a big deal, but this past weekend I rubbed up against a tree getting through a tight spot and pushed in a little bit of the driver door right under the window. Just curious if any one has any tips on how to get small dents and dings out?
Not sure were you are form but I have seen and used this type of service before. They do a Great Job search Paintless Dent Repair

Douglas Auto Body Home Page

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Paintless Dent Repair is a really good choice - just make sure that the tech doing the work is good (ask to see some of the work)
and prices are all over the place

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, was thinking more along the DYI route.. but I also have no idea what I'm doing ha. I'm from MA.. just out of curiosity about how much did it cost? I'd say the ding is probably 12"x8" or so, not too deep.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks guys, was thinking more along the DYI route.. but I also have no idea what I'm doing ha. I'm from MA.. just out of curiosity about how much did it cost? I'd say the ding is probably 12"x8" or so, not too deep.
I've used a couple guys in the Worcester area, runs $65 -$125 but those were small dings - about the size of a quarter or less. PM me and I will send you the names. BTW, the work was excellent and you'd never know it was done, as long as they aren't creased.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Just PDR it. Not worth screwing it up more. They will have it out and done for probably at or less than 100-120. Sounds like it could be a $75 dent even if it just pops right out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts