Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the crawl control to take the headliner out? Everything else seems simillar... I know there is a write up bt it does not cover crawl control.

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Removing the crawl control is as simple as finding a way under the box and prying down on it. it literally snaps into place I am looking for my pictures to give you an idea

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Here's where I dealt with the new Crawl Control box . As you can see I figured out how to take it down. You just need to get something large and flat, to pull down on the corners. it just snaps into place, without any fasteners to actually loosen or move
The 4 holes line up then the white button snaps just pop into place

Here is the housing for the crawl control . That answers my question of whether it would be easy to move :) Probably not

I was hoping to add a sun roof but I think I can come up with a different option . as you can see , I took this after I put the dynamat in, but I will get back to that.

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the thread but I noticed on my crawls control that the switches are a different size than the rest of the truck. Has anyone found a good aftermarket solution?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Do you change the Map light bulbs in the Crawl Control console from the inside or outside of console?
Map light bulbs are accessed from "inside" the panel (panel must be pulled down off headliner).

In the first photo in post #3, you can see the black 1/4-turn bulb retainers at left and right of center, in series with one leg of the light-tan-colored flex circuit "wiring".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts