Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally am not busy for the time being. I should have a few weeks of time for myself. I really want to get modding on the FJ.

I finally have time to do the flat black painting i've been trying to do for months. I went out bought sandpaper and paints that I need. Get the FJ into the garage and start looking how to take the rear tow hitch cover off.

Supposedly, there's only 3 or 4 bolts holding the tow hitch cover on. And i'm sure there are.. But there a gigantic OEM TT skid plate in my way :mecry:

Should I try and take it off? It looks heavy as hell for one person to do. And i'm hoping taking it off won't void the warranty or something. I'd rather paint the tow hitch cover off rather than on. If it's gonna get done it will be done right :)

Anyone have this problem? Or removed the OEM TT skid plate in the back? Do I need metric sockets and such?

-Logan

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Go ahead and take that rear skid plate it's not too heavy, I took the fr oem skid off and it was actually quite light so I think that the rear skid can be any bit heavier. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
The rear TT skid is aluminum. I've had mine off. I'd be surprised if it weighs more than 25 lbs.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ahh then poop. My brother has an E30 and he took all the metric tools over to some garage. This sucks, i'll try and locate em.

EDIT:
sweet got a hold of him, he's bringing them home for me tonight. tommorrow's plans still on!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Well since you blacked out all the silver parts, I think it's time to start blacking out all the white parts!:jester: :rofl: :lol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well since you blacked out all the silver parts, I think it's time to start blacking out all the white parts!:jester: :rofl: :lol:
never! i like the contrast, and how pin stripes aren't gonna show up :D

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I got those custom pin stripes from the trail! The best thing is the pin stripes are FREE!!!:rocker: (you just have to be willing to run into bushes):jester:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts