Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the small body piece (they call it a cowl, I think) between the hood, front fender and A pillar? It's a small painted piece of body plastic. I had a stereo installed and they must have taken that off, because now it's loose. I'd like to replace whatever they broke or didn't put back right underneath it. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the small body piece (they call it a cowl, I think) between the hood, front fender and A pillar? It's a small painted piece of body plastic. I had a stereo installed and they must have taken that off, because now it's loose. I'd like to replace whatever they broke or didn't put back right underneath it. Thanks!
There are 4 clips holding it down (2 of each part#). I'd suggest ordering them in advance as they're one time use clips. Part numbers are 6111835010 and 6199235010. Start pulling it off where the peice meets the fender towards the door.

You can find a windshield installation guide here (Removed bad link that redirected.) that has some photos of removing that piece.

Hope this helps.

-Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
great article!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chuck, that is a rocking 5th post. Thanks! I figured you just had to pull on it, but I thought I'd ask first. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
There are 4 clips holding it down (2 of each part#). I'd suggest ordering them in advance as they're one time use clips. Part numbers are 6111835010 and 6199235010. Start pulling it off where the peice meets the fender towards the door.

You can find a windshield installation guide here http://www.autoglassmagazine.net/htdocs/07install_ToyotaFJ.pdf that has some photos of removing that piece.

Hope this helps.

-Chuck
Now that's what I call documentation! Where did you find it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I spend way too much time on the net. :) Stumbled across it when I had an issue with my cowl piece falling off a week after I bought the FJ.

Glad I could help ... since I've received so much information here myself.

·
Registered
160 Posts

You can find a windshield installation guide here autoglassmagazine.net that has some photos of removing that piece.

Hope this helps.

-Chuck
Dang it! Some wiseacre made the link redirect to EDMONDS

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
41,622 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts