Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the entire exhaust and have already settled for the TRD catback and the catalytic converters in the y pipes.
My manifolds does not immediately need replacement, but having already removed most of the exhast, i am considering changing those as well.

1. Will removing the front catalytic converter cause issues with the o2 sensor, and throw a cel?
2. Will something like this be plug and play with the rest OEM parts? FOR 05-11 TACOMA -12 FJ CRUISER 4.0 V6 STAINLESS EXHAUST MANIFOLD HEADER+GASKET | eBay

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I cant answer your question about the O2 sensor but have read a thread or two on it being a bear to get the bolts out of the manifolds. I would soak with some kind of rust buster and be ready for a fight :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, removing front cats will trigger a CEL and all consequent errors. You can find the URD rear o2 simulators that can help with this, quite a few people use those. Or you can find Toyota tuners that know how to disable rear o2 closed loop operation and rear o2 fuel and spark control and get those sensors out for good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts