Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to go out and smoke my turn signals...i want to remove them...how do u take them off? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
The signal light housing is attached to the headlight assembly. You have to remove 3 nuts by using a small rachet, 8mm deep socket. Use a medium size flat screw driver and pop out a black clip, then slide/pull out the signal light housing.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
More pictures;

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Picture of the head light assembly and the signal light housing (together).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...thats very helpful

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
More options

Rmove reservoir

Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

one method..works well 8 to 1 black to clear ratio

T-shirt

unlighted

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tight as hell, use ratchet

Auto part Automotive exhaust Vehicle Bumper Exhaust system

there are 3 nuts to remove on each light, do not drop the nuts

Gun Firearm Trigger Bumper Hand

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,241 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey OSF did you use VHT night shades paint on your sidemarkers?

thanks

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
im about to go out and smoke my turn signals...i want to remove them...how do u take them off? thanks
You sure you wana inhale such toxic fumes?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just had to replace my passengers side turn signal. The pic's and tips found here really helped. But the back white colored retainer pin seems not to catch on anything. I did get it into the guide hole, but my turn signal does not fit snug on the tailend. What can I do go pull it tight. There seems to be no way to get to that end of the light?? Any suggestions? Also I buggered up the little black pop out clip that holds the signal to the head light bezel. Where can I get another? I only need one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just had to replace my passengers side turn signal. The pic's and tips found here really helped. But the back white colored retainer pin seems not to catch on anything. I did get it into the guide hole, but my turn signal does not fit snug on the tailend. What can I do go pull it tight. There seems to be no way to get to that end of the light?? Any suggestions? Also I buggered up the little black pop out clip that holds the signal to the head light bezel. Where can I get another? I only need one.
Sorry about reviving such an old thread but I am having the same problem as above. I cannot get the post on the tail end (end towards the fender) to fully engage with the retainer. The retainer is held by a metal bracket that flexes a little bit so when you push the post into the retainer the bracket flexes and doesn't allow the post to go all the way in and fully engage. Anybody have any suggestions? The only way you may be able to get behind the bracket is the remove the fender, I hope there is an easier way...

·
Registered
672 Posts
does anyone have the pictures that went with this? or more of a visual that can help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts