Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here are the pictures. The install was perfect! I know there are a lot of opinions out there but I love the look on Ti Silver. The Crawlorado decal is a real quality product. Strongly recommend a professional install. I have no bubbles or dust and it looks cleaner than factory.

Attachments

·
RIP Tim
885 Posts
i went to the web site 70 bucks? are you kidding me, i will look around if i find 1 cheaper i will let you guys know

·
Registered
698 Posts
The one on eBay shows it on a SunFusion. The more I see it, the more I like it. I would love to do it myself but I don't have any sort of scaffolding, etc. in order to get over the middle of the FJ. I may give it a go.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
How much did the shop charge you for the install?

I'd like to get one for my VDB and want an idea on install cost. The pros can do it much better and if they bubble it they'd be responsible. It can't take more than an hour total if I pull the nozzles for them.

If you think $70 is too much, ask a dealer what the decal costs from them.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think around $30.

How much did the shop charge you for the install?

I'd like to get one for my VDB and want an idea on install cost. The pros can do it much better and if they bubble it they'd be responsible. It can't take more than an hour total if I pull the nozzles for them.

If you think $70 is too much, ask a dealer what the decal costs from them.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Excellent. What kind of warranty did they give you on the decal? How do you clean it? You can't wax that thing with the rest of the truck can you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats easy. mind to unscrew the bolt before you will pull the thing out of hose. otherwise you will need to replace many things along with washer

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey guys - Hope this helps get the washer nozzles out - pick up a PVC tubing angle connector (pictured) from the hardware store - about a buck.

Sand off the ribbing on one of the ends.

After removing the tubing from the washer jet, slide this over the bottom of the jet - it compresses both side clips and the washer jet pops right out.

Wish I could tell you the "size" of this - I bought it some time ago, but the opening diameter is 7/16ths

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I experimented tonight, a 6-point size 17mm deep socket is the perfect tool to remove the washer nozzles.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Raised the hood and disconnect the nozzle hose at this junction.

Insert the hose inside the (6-point) 17mm deep socket, then insert the socket into the hood hole and push the socket upward.

The sides of the 17mm deep socket will press the side clips on the nozzle thereby releasing the nozzle from the hood.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts