Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Here is what the windshield clips look like so u know what you r pressing on. I Have gorilla fingers and used this tool depress the clips and pop them out

image.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
flathead against the clip and they come right out. i have no idea how so many people had to butcher them to get them to come out. so easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
17MM socket was a great trick! Thanks!!! At least when I realized I was just supposed to push hard and not use a socket handle. )))) Easy peasy! Did take 5 seconds to remove both and three of those second was spent going from one nozzle to the other.

Black matte decal is $160 from Toyota. I am limited on the patience side and a tint installer is going to put it on for me for $30. The matte black decal from Crawlorado is $60 and the carbon fiber one (which I got) is $100 on ebay. Comparatively, a great buy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
17MM socket was a great trick! Thanks!!! At least when I realized I was just supposed to push hard and not use a socket handle. )))) Easy peasy! Did take 5 seconds to remove both and three of those second was spent going from one nozzle to the other.

Black matte decal is $160 from Toyota. I am limited on the patience side and a tint installer is going to put it on for me for $30. The matte black decal from Crawlorado is $60 and the carbon fiber one (which I got) is $100 on ebay. Comparatively, a great buy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why the heck are you guys butchering those nozzles when using the 17mm(5/8 also works) deep socket method works perfectly every time and takes a few seconds?

If you want to toss money on nozzles each time, so be it I guess.
This worked for me - if you stick the 17mm six point deep well socket up there and just twist a little you can pull the nozzles right out. I started with needle nose pliers with no luck, read this thread, worked like a charm. Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Pull the hose. Press the two side clips on the nozzle body and then push out (or up).

Before you put the nozzle body back to the hood, insert the hose first (from the outside of the hood hole).

Where’d these pics go?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts