Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a very hard time trying to loosen the nuts and bolts so I can install my all-pro high clearance exhaust. I've already sprayed it with a lubricant to remove any rust. I cant figure this out... its such a simple install. But I'm stumped.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Im having a very hard time trying to loosen the nuts and bolts so I can install my all-pro high clearance exhaust. I've already sprayed it with a lubricant to remove any rust. I cant figure this out... its such a simple install. But I'm stumped.
Yes it's only 2 bolts but they are a royal pain. You need a big breaker bar, short extension and a strong tight fitting 6 point socket. The lubricant seems to be able to get into the threads OK but the flanged bolt heads seem to bond very tightly to the OEM exhaust pipe flange. I got one bolt to come out with the above tools but the other one wouldn't budge. I had to cut the head off with a grinder. After I did that the remainder of the bolt was loose. The rest is easy. All Pro included 2 replacement bolts, however they don't include a new compression gasket. The old one in mine looked like it might be reuseable but after I got over the shock of not finding one when I inspected the contents of the box, I ordered a replacement from Toyota to have ready when I did the install. Use some 'anti-sieze' on the new bolts to make any future work a little easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts