Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone have a good recommendation for a book for the General Exam? I used "The Ham Whisperer's Technician Class License Course" with the tech and passed in less than a week after starting to read it but the author doesn't have one for the General or Extra exam.

I liked the style of that book because it not only gave you the answers to the questions like the no-nonsense guide but it also gave an explanation this non-radio guy could understand.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anyone have a good recommendation for a book for the General Exam? I used "The Ham Whisperer's Technician Class License Course" with the tech and passed in less than a week after starting to read it but the author doesn't have one for the General or Extra exam.

I liked the style of that book because it not only gave you the answers to the questions like the no-nonsense guide but it also gave an explanation this non-radio guy could understand.
This is a good one.
2011-15 General Class: Gordon West, WB6NOA, Pete Trotter, KB9SMG: 9780945053651: Amazon.com: Books

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I second Gordon West's books. I used them for tech, general, and extra.
Bought the ARRL books just for the test software even though there are lots of online sources. Didn't want to have to have Internet access all the time.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts